Minions: Now recruitingon September 27, 2012 at 9:52 am
When we met Dr Geof in Lincoln, we were overcome by minion-envy. So, we’re having a recruitment drive! Qualities we are particularly interested in, along with minion-perks are listed below. If you recognise yourself as a perfect minion, please do give us your email address, and your rough geographical location (nearest city) if we don’t know you personally, so that we can call you up when we’re going to be in your area. Currently we’re UK based, but if you’re further afield, feel free to massage our egos by letting us fantasises about world tours….
The biggest requirement is that you like what we do, fancy hanging out with us at events and would love to be helpful in some way. Positions of indispensible minionhood are available. Otherwise…
1) Can you put us up at events?
2) Are you willing to help get us from train stations to venues (we don’t have a car)?
3) Would you like to come and help look after the stall to cover us while we’re doing talks/panels/loo breaks/unconsciousness etc.?
4) Are you overwhelmed by an urge to ply us with beer, coffee, or cake?
5) Do you have a really evil laugh?
6) Could you bring along a whole bunch of people with money if we were doing a book signing?
7) Would you talk to the person who runs things where you are, to get us booked, so that we can come and sleep on your sofa and eat your cake?
8) Did we mention cake?
9) Have you got some other really cool thing that you would like to embroil us in, where cake is likely to feature?
10) Also, we are quite partial to cake.
What we can offer minions is going to vary depending on where we are, what we’re doing… where possible and appropriate, we might for example be able to get you event tickets as an offset for minionwork. Obviously you get the pleasure of our frequently confused and eccentric company. We will probably give you stuff. Depending a lot on what stuff we actually have.